Saturday, August 10, 2013

The Adjourning Process

Performing & Teamwork
I had a very authentic and fun group in my cohort back in university. We understood each other, supported each other, and we worked cooperatively. We even spent time together just to hang out and have some fun. It was hard to adjourn from them because we trusted each other and was a sense of responsibility was established among us.  I still talk to them and occasionally get together.


The Walden experience has been very enriching for me, not only because of the issues and comments from my instructors, but for the genuine intentions from my colleagues. I think the adjourning process from my colleagues would be a little bit sad because through their experience I’ve also grown as a practitioner. Thanks to their feedback and personal stories, is not so hard to study online. The complexity of the program relaxes thanks to their insightful thinking. Without a doubt they’ve made this journey so much easier and actually fun. 

4 comments:

  1. Hi Elisa,

    I think it is so amazing that you had such a wonderful team experience in college. What a great way to build lasting relationships. I agree with you. My Walden experience with fellow students has been terrific! I have learned so much from all of our interactions. Thanks for sharing! Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed your explaination of how adjourning with our Walden classmates may be. I had actually not thought of it the way you did. I learned a trememdous amount from everyone but didn't believe it would be difficult to say goodbye. I had only thought about the relationships we formed as professioanl and quickly ending as each 8-week class ended. Thank you for your perspective!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Elisa, I enjoyed reading your blog this week. I would have to agree with your experience going through this online process. Before I started the Master program through Walden, I had never taken an online course. It helped getting to know my classmates and that most of them were in my same boat.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Elisa, I really enjoyed reading your insights on the discussion and blog post throughout this course. I wish you all the best in your future courses at Walden. It has been a pleasure getting to know you. Hopefully, we will have future courses together.

    ReplyDelete