Friday, April 25, 2014

Thank you

Three deeply felt learnings from this program:

I take from this program the willingness to make a change. The positivism of what a smile and a hug offer from a child. I take from this course that diversity is what makes us unique and opens up our humane side of coexist and understand one another. I take from this course that following my dreams with passion will conduct me to places I can make come true. I have learned that collaboration and communication are key in every professional life and that I am not alone in this road, there is always somebody that waits for me.

Long-term goal

My long term goal would be to be maximal leading authority of the early childhood field in my community, and who knows where my passion can take me.

A farewell message to instructor and colleagues


To doctor Dartt and my classmates thanks for your support and your input throughout this course. Dr. Dartt thanks for your constructive feedback and your time. I am not going to lie, but there were times that I felt I couldn’t do it anymore. I was so overwhelmed and frustrated because I couldn’t spend the amount of time I wanted with my daughters. But now I see everything better and that hard work pays off. Thanks to our collaboration and constructive criticism I leave this course aware that I need to make something for the early childhood field and for this world. Now, I have taken it personal and cannot stay with arms crossed, somehow I will ascent in my career.  

5 comments:

  1. Elisa,
    I do know how you feel. I also felt like I could not go anymore. I often told my family that if someone came up to me and said I had to take one more course, I would cry. The work was very challenging but the end result was worth the work. I agree that the call for social justice has become personal, and I now take offense to individuals who make biased statements about a particular group of people. I have probably heard the comments before but now I am more sensitive to their meaning. I understand that our knowledge does not make us superior to others but it does make us obligated to do more. There is a saying we use at work pertaining to child care, "When you know better, you do better" Thank you for all your input in this class and best of luck in the future. Go and have fun with your girls!!
    Mary Jo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Elisa,

    Like one of your deep felt learnings, I discovered that if we allow ourselves to follow our passion, the world is literally at our fingertips. As I started the Capstone project, I focused on the local community and how I can involve those at that level. However, as I open myself up to my passion and allowed myself to dream, it gradually expanded to include those at the state and national level, even internationally! Like you said, as long as we follow our passion, we will always find dreams to achieve.

    May you continue to follow your passion and see all your dreams come true.

    Best of luck in all your future accomplishments!

    Erin

    ReplyDelete
  3. This has been a very long journey, but it is all worth it in the end. I have put things in my life on hold for 6 years because that is how long I have been going to school between my bachelors and masters programs, so I understand the fact when you say that you could not do it anymore. Im sad on one hand, because I feel like a big chunk of my life is coming to an end, but then on the other hand I am happy, because I will be able to start doing things that I have put on hold for so long. Thank you so much for all your wonderful wisdom throughout this last push of our journey. Good luck on your future dreams and I hope they all come true for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree, diversity is an open gate that allows so many different things to enter into our lives and in this world. Differences should be viewed as a positive thing instead of a negative, because it allows each individual to be their true self. I hope that you reach your goal while being a strong advocate and professional for the early childhood field. I am confident that you are equipped to make your dreams come true and I look forward to begin making a positive change in this world together for the benefit of each young child.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Elisa, You are a big encourager to me like you said this was a challenge I think for all of us. Especially, being a senior citizen , full time worker, full time mom, full time grandma, and a full time Evangelist. We should all pat ourselves on the back. I wish the best for you and your family's. I pray that we all can meet up and have a classmate reunion. Be Bless.

    ReplyDelete