Thursday, May 16, 2013

My Three Items



If I had to choose 3 items that among my belongings, I would choose items that would help me remember my happy family and something that will give me the strength I needed to start a new life. The first thing that comes to my mind is my family photo album, the second item will be my cross necklace, and the third item will be my iphone.

Each item is important to me in different ways. The photo album is important because I can remember moments full of joy in days of no hope.  The necklace with the cross pendant reminds me that God is my strength and that he will always protect my family. I chose my iphone because it will serve as my communication device in the new country or I can sell it for food or something.

If I had to keep only one item I think it will be my iphone. I have photos of my family, and images and writings about God. Besides I could also type and get wifi to stay communicated in the new country. If things get rough I could sell it or trade it.

Thinking about this whole experience made me be afraid and appreciate where a live, what I have and don’t have.  The first thing that came to my mind was God. He was always in my head and I knew he would have given me hope. My culture has taught me to refuge in God and have hope, he puts the tools and it’s up to me to build a bridge.  

4 comments:

  1. Elisa I agree this thinking about leaving my home made me very afraid too. It made me also think about the people that have had to do this and do not have one tenth the luxuries we have or for that matter any items to gather. I do not have the same faith you do, but I do have faith and I do trust in it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Elisa,
    I can really feel you. I know family comes first and having a piece of them with you at all time is of the most important factors.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow that is amazing I said similar things. However I didn't look at my phone as a device that can keep me connected with my bible along with communicating with the rest of the world. Very smart!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a great post because I am on that agree that family come first but with God is your strength you know he is there. It is good that you would take your iPhone to keep in touch with your family.

    ReplyDelete