Saturday, January 12, 2013

EC collegiality


It was easy to decide the countries I wanted to explore regarding education. I wanted to know more about our neighbors, Canada and Mexico. I sent them an email introducing myself and the reason for contacting them. It is of my belief that these international colleagues are too busy on their work and they might take a few days to answer my email. Since I live in a border town I think I can contact a professional in the field. In worst case scenario, I will have to use the podcasts of the world forum.
As my organization and website to explore; I chose Zero to Three and subscribed to the newsletters. Since my dream plan is to open up a center that serves infants and toddlers this website comes perfectly as a resource. I’ve also read several articles that come from this website and they’ve been very enlightened. I really don’t know much websites about infants, so if you know about others please let me know J

4 comments:

  1. Hello Elisa! It was hard for me to establish communication with an International contact as well. I am hoping someone will contact me soon, but I was wondering what information do you want to know about or gather from your professional contact?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I believe that my contact can help me with some of the issues presented throughout the course. I'm paricularly interest in infants and toddlers.

      Delete
  2. Hello Elisa,
    I trust that our colleagues from Canada and Mexico will respond shortly to your request. If my Canadian friends succeed in finding 2 early childhood educators, I will send you one of the contacts’ information. Which town do you live in? Are you bilingual? Are the children in the town bilingual? I would be thrilled if you could jot a few words regarding the life in your town and how schools handle their curriculum.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Marie,

      Yes, I'm bilingual and the majority of the people in my town are bilingual as well. It is sad that in Arizona it's an English only state. Therefore, our students are only encouraged to speak English, dimiinishing bilingualism.

      Delete