Friday, July 13, 2012

Personal Childhood Web

                                                     I'm the one with polka dots


I’m the oldest of three daughters. I had a very joyful and wonderful childhood thanks to my 7 primary family members. Mother- my mother of course was the essential part of my childhood. She would always make me feel better when I was sick by hugging me and stay with me until I fell asleep. Just knowing that she would always be at home and make me delicious food, she made me happy. She was the kind of mother that I wanted to be. Dad- my dad was the one who set academic expectations for me. He was constantly pampering me and hugging me and telling me how pretty I was. He made me feel confident about myself. Aunt Chuyita- She was very energetic and took my cousins and I to bike trips, park, movies, circus, etc. She was constantly telling me that I was her favorite one. She made me feel special. Aunt Eva- my tia Eva was the cook aunt. She would always prepare delicious food to gather the family together at her place. I loved to go to her house because I had a great time with my cousins and uncles. Grandmother- my father's mother was the typical grandmother who would have a lot of "toys" (from a child’s point of view) in her house, but you weren't allowed to play. My granny would teach me poetry and talk about her days back in school. Sister- my sister Miriam gave me confidence even though she was younger than me. Wherever we went I wasn't afraid because I knew that she would always be with me. Neighbor- our neighbor became my mom's best friend. We would go to her house almost every day because my mom and she were very close. Sometimes she would babysit us and stay home with us. I discover that we can sometimes a friendship is more than just friendship.

8 comments:

  1. It is so wonderful that the relationships you established as a child are still so special as an adult. It must have been wonderful to have such a strong support system.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Joy,

      Definetely I feel so lucky now! I never thought of the importance of my support system until now that we have explored it.
      Thanks for posting :)

      Delete
  2. What a great extend family, were you in the States with this great support system? Also I think food and meal time has such a warm family memory, it seems to be something each culture enjoys.
    Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Tina,

      I lived in Sonora,Mexico during my childhood. Definetely meal times are part of my memories as a child and I can even smell them ;)

      Delete
  3. You seemed to have had a good support system. I like the part especially about your dad. I think it's important for little girls to have their father's around to tell them those things.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My dad was and is still very caring with me. Now that I have 2 daughters, it is so funny and sweet to hear that he uses the same love phrases that he used to tell me.
      Thanks for posting ;)

      Delete
  4. That is a priceless picture. You seemed to have had a great childhood and a mother that was there to help you through it all. It was also interesting that you included a neighbor, whom we often forget, but realize that we would not have made in back then without our neighbors.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Our neighbor, became part of our family and I even see her as my blood aunt. Definetely neighbors can sometimes be part of who we are, which is my case ;)
      Thanks for posting ;)

      Delete