Saturday, July 13, 2013

T.V. show assumption


The Show I don’t normally watch is “Mike and Molly”. Based on what I watch, I thought that the woman, who was about 35, was Mike’s sister. I made this conclusion because they both entered to the same house and kept their distance. They both greeted an old woman who was in that house, but she does not kiss the old lady when she greets her.  Mike doesn’t not look at his “sister” very often. She smiles to him but never touches him and never gets too close to him. I could see that there was this respect for personal space. When Mike was with Molly she kissed Mike on the cheek and Mike just turned his head and kept watching t.v. next to Molly, with whom he was very close.  


It turned out that it was Molly’s sister. And the old lady was Mike’s mom. If I had been watching the program in a daily basis, my assumptions would have been easier because I would have been more familiarized with the plot of the program. Definitely, watching a program with no sound totally makes you assume things that are not, just because you judge what you see. 

1 comment:

  1. I enjoyed reading your post because I actually had a completely different experience watching a show with no sound. The show that I watched was much easier to judge than yours seemed to be. I was able to figure out a lot about the characters (the ones I focused on as there were many)even without sound. It is funny how shows can be so different in how their non-verbal communication compares to what is really going on.

    ReplyDelete