Saturday, July 6, 2013

My Dad as my Effective Communicator


I would like to talk about my dad as my example of an effective communicator. When I need advice I always go to my dad. I like the way he speaks to me and the easiness that he has to get his point across. When he speaks to me, he speaks slowly and uses his hands. He always sets examples and makes me see the point of view of others. As he speaks, he constantly says “did I get myself clear” to check for my understanding. When we end our conversation he then finalizes his speech and asks me about my thoughts. He never sounds irritated or boisterous; he just makes me feel that above all he will hear what I have to say and never judge me.  

3 comments:

  1. Elisa, I enjoyed reading your blog this week. Your dad seems like a great support system for you. All of the communication qualities are great ones to have.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its special to have that type of communication with a parent. I wish mine was like that with my parents however, I acknowledge that I play a role in that. Its great that your dad always makes sure you understand without getting irritated. My dad often gives examples when talking to me but sometimes he gives wayyyyyy too many and I stop listening, lol. As I am getting older I do find myself going to my parents for advice over my friends. Thanks for your post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always like to hear about parents, especially fathers who communicate well. My father doesn't communicate well and I wish he would learn to communicate more effectively. Maybe he should take this class. ;)

    ReplyDelete