Friday, June 28, 2013

Thank you all !

Hope:
I hope that educators understand the privileged situation of diverse families and provide the necessary tools to support them.

Goal:
The goal that I would like to set is a compromise. A compromise for the early childhood field to keep promoting issues related to diversity, equity and social justice in the classroom, as well as in professional trainings.

I would like to thank my fellow classmates for posting and showing me ways to grow and learn. Their honesty and feedback were very important to me. I would also like to thank Dr. Tuthill for her unconditional support throughout this course, for the first time I really felt that my instructor was with me in all my assignments.

"The passion comes from the vision"- Louis Derman-Sparks

Thank you all and we’ll keep in touch J


Elisa

7 comments:

  1. I agree that their should be more trainings in the early childhood field. I also feel the same about Dr. Tuthill. This is the first professor that has been as active within the classroom as the students. She practices what she teaches. Good luck too you, Elisa in your goals in your Early childhood profesion.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Elisa,
    I agree that we should continue promoting issues of diversity, equity and social justice in the classroom because if we do not we are providing a disservice to the children. Yes it will take us constantly learning and working on our professional development to get to that point. God Bless!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Eliza,
    I think we all have learned a great deal about culture and diversity. We will be able to apply this knowledge in the upcoming years.I hope you have great success in all your endeavors.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Compromise is a good word choice. We will never agree as a people on everything. Compromise is he only way. Also I too agree with the sentiment on our professor for this class. This the first time in a Walden class where my opinion counted more than what was directly in a book. That was wonderful to me and made me feel empowered.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the way you that there should be a compromise! This sounds so simple and my hope is that more people actually follow through with this. Compromise is one of the answers when working with different types of people. Great idea! Best wishes.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree that compromise is very important for people to strive for. We may not all get our way when it comes to political/social issues but we should try to find some sort of compromise.

    ReplyDelete
  7. A very nice and calming picture. That is how I want to feel at this moment. I agree, I feel as though our instructor has been with us on every assignment. I think wanting to be more diverse and culturally aware is something that comes from withing. Therefore it is my hope that all Early Childhood teachers want this for themselves.

    Good Luck

    ReplyDelete