Saturday, March 2, 2013

International Collegiality Learning Experience


Throughout this course I’ve learned about the importance of learning from exterior resources. Exploring new ways of doing things provides a better idea on how to approach a certain situation where one is having trouble with or simply add strategies to your teaching. Thanks to my fellow classmates and their research; I’ve learned about organizations, what they do and how they work, as well as different websites. There are 3 consequences of learning that I want to highlight about this experience:

First, I learned that the Zero to Three organization is a wealth of information in child development and advocacy. This organization showed me about the importance for supporting child trauma and the traumatic effects in a child’s life.

Second, searching in the international early childhood field made me aware of some initiatives around the world. Such is the case of Chile, the program Un Buen Comienzo strives to improve the early educational experiences of Chilean children (4-6 years old) through professional development for teachers for two years at municipal schools.

Third, I’ve learned that having collegiality it’s important to grow and learn in this field. In my case, I couldn’t establish contact with an international colleague, but reading some of my lucky classmate’s posts made me realize about the pleasurable experience it is to exchange ideas and learn from each other.

The one goal that I have was based on my third learning. Because collegiality is a very important step in professionalism, I compromise to help others in the best way I can when contacted and answer as soon as possible.  

3 comments:

  1. Thanks as always for sharing your posts Elisa. I have really enjoyed the insight you have provided and information on the various websites and organizations you have talked about throughout this course. It has been a pleasure connecting with you and having your support throughout this course as well. I wish you all the best in your future endeavors and throughout your time here at Walden University. Again thanks for sharing this post and the many others and good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for lending yourself as a personal/professional resource. Its good to know that we have established a close rapport with one another simply through online learning. Indeed, i will keep in touch and turn to you for professional advice! Thanks for everything during this course and I look forward to hearing from you again in the near future! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It has been such a pleasure to get to know you and follow your blog posts. You have shared such wonderful insights and you have been so open and honest in your sharing. Thank you for sharing your knowledge and passion! Good luck!!

    ReplyDelete